PeakVibe

What is Linus Tech Tips Controversy? Know The Truth Behind it!

A devoted group of professionals in consumer technology and film production, “Linus Tech Tips” aims to inform and amuse. The primary YouTube channel for Linus Tech Tips now has over 15 million subscribers and the company has millions more.

Linus Media Group is frequently cited as the most well-liked producer of tech-related content and they have a devoted global fan base. The recent controversy over Linus Tech Tips has been numerous. What is currently known is listed below.

Who is involved in Linus Tech Tips Controversy?

Recently, LMG and fellow tech YouTubers Gamers Nexus have been embroiled in a dispute over accuracy and morality. An ex-employee also came forward with allegations of harassment and bullying. A former employee’s allegations set off a turbulent week for Linus Tech Tips. As a result, the company stopped publishing new content for one week.

If you want to know about the controversy of other topics you can check out our below posts:

From Where Did the Controversy Start?

On August 14, Gamers Nexus, a different technology review channel with 2 million subscribers, published a video alleging inaccuracies in the graphics processing unit and central processing unit review videos. Linus Tech Tips has admitted and employee testimonials that Linus Tech Tips rushes content and prioritizes quantity over quality.

The video has received 3.8 million views. Steve Burke of Gamers Nexus claimed that Linus Tech Tips had failed to uphold its responsibility to do due diligence on a product citing a water cooling block that the channel purportedly tested using an incompatible GPU before declaring it to be a “bad product”.

Burke claimed could hurt manufacturer Billet Labs, a small business. Former CEO of Linus Tech Tips Linus Sebastian responded in writing that the company has gone through growing pains and will concentrate on improving the caliber of its work.

But he also defended his decision not to retest the Billet Labs product with a compatible GPU claiming it would not have made a difference since the effect would still be an egregious waste of money a response Burke called unhinged and unapologetic.

Sebastian apologized for not retesting the product and for his written response in a 20-minute video posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023, that has received 3.5 million views. The company also promised to restrict the amount of content produced and to suspend YouTube uploads for one week to improve quality and accuracy.

Madison Reeve, the former social media manager for Linus Tech Tips claimed in a thread of tweets on Wednesday, August 16, 2023 that she had been inappropriately grabbed multiple times in the office.

A warning that came very shortly after I had come forward stating I had been inappropriately grabbed multiple times in the office, amongst other issues.

I was barred from being in videos. So when you ask what happened? Why wasn’t she in more content?

This is why.

— Madison | Suop (@suuuoppp) August 16, 2023

She had endured s*xual and derogatory comments from coworkers and her mental health had deteriorated to the point where she had hurt herself to avoid going to work.

I was asked about my sexual history, my boyfriends sexual history, “how I liked to fuck”.

I was told that certain issues were “sexual tension” and I should just “take the co-worker out on a coffee date to ease it out”

— Madison | Suop (@suuuoppp) August 16, 2023

Terren Tong, the CEO of Linus Tech Tips, admitted to being shocked after reading Reeve’s post and promised that human resources and an outside investigator would look into the claims.

The company issued a statement on Twitter saying it was taking Madison’s allegations seriously and urged workers with similar situations to come forward.

We are taking Madison’s allegations seriously. We are conducting an internal assessment alongside bringing in a third-party investigator to look into the allegations. We are committed to publishing the findings and implementing any corrective actions that may arise due to this.…

— Linus Tech Tips (@LinusTech) August 16, 2023

You can follow our Twitter account and read our other most recent posts to know more about these kinds of issues.

ncG1vNJzZmiulaPBtr7Eo6alrF6YvK57kWlpbGdgbXxyhY6wn5qsXZ7AbrjIp6ysZaSasKl506KnrGWTpLu1vs6vnKurqWQ%3D

Brenda Moya

Update: 2024-05-04